The Best Air Fryers in Canada
If you’re a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of air fryers that are available, don’t worry – buying an air fryer doesn’t have to be complicated. We’ve sorted through a mountain of air fryer reviews so that you don’t have to.
Our top picks
Below, you can find the best air fryers in Canada, their features, reviews, pros and cons, and well as the top option for each situation. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly air fryer or an air fryer that can fit in a crowded kitchen, you’ll be able to find an air fryer that suits your needs in this air fryer comparison post.
- Best compact air fryer: Cuisinart Airfryer (AFR-25)
- Best air fryer for a large family: COSORI 5.8QT Oil Free XL Air Fryer
- Best affordable air fryer: Utopia Kitchen 3.2 Quart Air Fryer
- Best budget air fryer: Dash DCAF200GBAQ02 Tasti Crisp Electric Air Fryer
- Best air fryer for a family of 4: Philips Analog Airfryer XXL
- Best air fryer for taste: Ninja Food 8-qt. 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer
- Instant Vortex 4-In-1 Air Fryer: Instant Vortex 4-In-1 Air Fryer
How to choose an air fryer
Everyone loves crispy French fries or a good portion of fish and chips – what most people don’t love as much is the amount of oil and calories in these fried foods. Fortunately, there’s a compromise – air frying.
Air fryers (also known as air fryer ovens) can crisp up your favourite foods with just a fraction of the amount of oil that deep-frying requires. If you’re looking to eat healthier without sacrificing taste too much, an air fryer can be a great addition to your kitchen.
Here’s what to look for in an air fryer when you’re shopping around:
- Capacity – Consider if you’re cooking for just yourself or if you’re cooking for your whole family. A larger capacity makes sense if you have a few people to feed, not so much when you’re by yourself (unless you’re a fan of leftovers.) If you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen, an air fryer with a huge capacity probably isn’t the best choice for you.
- Is it dishwasher safe? Unsurprisingly, you’ll need to clean out your air fryer after cooking up a batch of bacon. Some models require that you handwash their parts while others have parts that you can throw right into the dishwasher. If you’re not keen on doing manual cleaning every time you use an air fryer, make sure the one you choose has parts that are dishwasher safe.
- Noise levels – If you’re living in an apartment with thin walls or if you’re making food in the middle of the night, you’ll probably want an air fryer that’s quiet – verified reviews are often helpful when it comes to gauging how loud a particular air fryer is.
- Cooking program options – Like microwaves, some air fryers can have multiple cooking settings for the most popular recipes, such as fries, chicken, bacon, or even baking. These different cooking programs come with preset temperatures and time ranges that are ideal for each cooking method or food item. This is especially useful if you’re only starting with air fryers and are still uncertain of how long it should take to cook each meal.
- Temperature (min. and max.) – Air fryers can have wider or smaller temperature ranges, so it’s useful to have in mind what you plan to cook in your air fryer, and if the model you’re eyeing would be able to do that. For example, if you’re baking biscuits, the temperature should be around 320 F, whereas fries require a much higher temperature (around 380 F). In general, the wider the temperature range the more recipe options you have.
- Timer – If you’re not a fan of setting up phone alarms every time you cook, or if you’re a forgetful person, an air fryer with a built-in timer or auto-shutoff could be a dealbreaker. This not only prevents you from burning food but also works as a safety feature. In other words, it reduces the chances of you setting your kitchen on fire.
Why trust us
There are hundreds of different kinds of air fryers out there, all with different features. It can be pretty challenging to compare air fryers and keep track of so many – that’s why we’ve made this guide. Our team spent over 15 hours reviewing and picking the top-rated air fryers with the best features. We made our top choices by considering verified online customer reviews and analysis from trusted product comparison websites, including Consumer Reports.
Best compact air fryer
Cuisinart Airfryer (AFR-25)
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 29.8 x 29.2 cm
- Item Weight: 7.26 Kg
- Power: 1500 W
- Capacity basket: 2.5 lbs
Being short on space doesn’t mean that you can’t have an air fryer in your home – this Cuisinart air fryer can fit right onto your countertop. This air fryer can air fry up to 2.5 pounds of food and it comes with an air fry basket as well as a baking pan. The wide air fry basket helps food cook more evenly, in comparison to other air fry baskets that are narrower and cause food to stack onto itself.
Something unique about this unit is that its actually a combination of a toaster oven and a built-in air-fryer. No need to put away and take out this unit constantly, since it can help you with toasting bread for breakfast, baking salmon for lunch or air frying a chicken for dinner.
Unlike some other air fryers, it comes with a viewing window so you can check how your food is coming along without having to open up the drawer. One downside to this air fryer is that its parts aren’t dishwasher safe – you’ll need to hand clean them. Overall, this reasonably affordable air fryer will do everything you expect an air fryer to do – but if you hate hand cleaning things, you might want to look for a different air fryer.
- Wide basket for even cooking.
- Parts aren’t dishwasher safe.
Best air fryer for a large family
COSORI 5.8QT Oil Free XL Air Fryer
- Item Weight: 6.64 Kg
- Parcel Dimensions: 41.4 x 36.4 x 35 cm
- Power (Watts): 1700 watts
- Capacity: 5.5 litres/5.8 quarts
If a small air fryer isn’t enough for you and your family’s needs, this air fryer might be a better match. It has a 5.8 quart (~5.5 litres) capacity, which is enough to make up to 5 portions of food or to fit a 5-6 pound chicken.
Not sure what temperature to cook your food at or how long to cook your food for? This air fryer comes with 11 pre-set cooking modes which include: Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Seafood, Bacon, Preheat Bread, Frozen Foods, French Fries, Vegetables, Root Vegetables, Desserts, and Bread. No more having to blindly guess what temperature your food needs to cook at!
Although some people find pre-heating to be a hassle, this air fryer has a pre-heating option that takes between 2 – 5 minutes. Pre-heating can improve the texture of your food considerably – plus, the pre-heating option takes much less time than pre-heating an oven would. Something else that’s useful about this air fryer is that it has a function that tells you when you should shake the food in the fryer while it’s cooking, so it cooks evenly. Plus, it has a keep-warm function for if you’re not ready to eat when your food finishes cooking.
Lastly, its removable parts are dishwasher safe – no need to have to scrub at the non-stick basket manually.
- Large capacity.
- Dishwasher friendly.
- Several pre-set modes.
- Some users have had issues with the basket door not opening.
Best affordable air fryer
Utopia Kitchen 3.2 Quart Air Fryer
- Rated Voltage: 120 V
- Frying Capacity: 3 L
- Net Weight: 3.4 kg
- Product size: 26.5*30.9*30.3 cm
Buying an air fryer doesn’t mean you have to empty out your entire wallet. With a 3.2-quart capacity (~3 litres), you’ll be able to make a decent amount of food for one or two people. If you’re constantly running around the kitchen, you’ll be glad to know that the Utopia Kitchen air fryer has a 30-minute dial timer that will automatically shut off your air fryer after the set time has elapsed – you won’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it off.
If you’re not quite sure what to cook with this air fryer, it comes with a recipe book that has more than 50 recipes for common foods like chicken, seafood, and vegetables. On the downside, the parts for this air fryer aren’t dishwasher safe, so you’ll need to clean this air fryer after each use.
In general, reviewers on Amazon are satisfied with this air fryer – however, one common complaint about this air fryer is that it takes a long time to cook (for example, one user said that it took half an hour for a single batch of French fries.)
- It has auto-off.
- Long cooking time.
- Not dishwasher friendly.
Best budget air fryer
Dash Compact Air Fryer
- Item Weight: 3.27 Kg
- Parcel Dimensions: 30.5 x 30.5 x 25.4 cm
- Power (Watts): 1000 watts
- Capacity: 2.6 Quarts/2.46 litres
Don’t have a huge budget lying around for an air fryer? This Dash air fryer is one of the most affordable air fryers out there, going for about $50 on Amazon. Since it’s both affordable and compact, it’s a good choice for people living in apartments, or for students living in a dorm who might not have access to a stove or an oven. Plus, it only weighs around 7 pounds, so its easy enough to take with you on an RV camping trip.
With a 2.6–quart capacity, you could cook a 1–pound bag of fries or up to a dozen wings. If you have no idea what to cook with an air fryer, this unit comes with a cookbook with more than 15 recipes that will help get you started. If you’re looking for an air fryer that can make several portions of food at once, this air fryer probably isn’t it.
If you’re the type of person that frequently forgets to turn off their hair iron or stove, the auto-off feature that comes with this air fryer will be quite useful for you. In case anything goes wrong with this air fryer, it comes with a 1–year manufacturer guarantee. Overall, the reviews for this air fryer are positive – however, one downside that’s been noted is that numbers wear off the timer dial quite easily.
- Auto-off feature.
- Small capacity.
- Numbering on dials wears off easily.
Best air fryer for a family of 4
Philips Analog Airfryer XXL with Twin TurboStar Technology
- Product Dimensions (LxWxH): 322 x 433 x 316 mm
- Weight: 7.39 kg/16.3lbs
- Power: 1725 W
- Capacity basket: 1.4 kg /3.08lbs
If you’re looking for an air fryer that can cook up a good amount of food in one go, this air fryer from Philips might be the air-fryer for you. It has a higher than average capacity of 3 pounds – that’s a small whole chicken or 2 bags of French fries.
In addition, this air fryer can do more than just air fry – it can also grill, bake, and roast food. That means you can cook your main course and dessert all in the same appliance, meaning less hassle and less cleaning overall. Plus, it includes a recipe book that can help give you ideas on what to make for dinner.
If you hate waiting for your oven or stove to heat up, you’ll probably like that this air fryer doesn’t require pre-heating – within seconds, this air fryer heats up and is ready to start cooking. Unlike some other air fryers, all the removable parts of this air fryer are dishwasher safe (e.g. the basket with a non-stick mesh as well as the drawer.) You can throw these parts into the dishwasher alongside your mountain of plates and cutlery.
As with all other air fryers, the Philips Airfryer XXL uses little or no added oil to cook your food. Excess fat from your food can be extracted via the fat reducer at the bottom of this air fryer – all you need to do is empty it out once your food is finished cooking.
On the downside, this particular air fryer doesn’t feature digital controls, meaning that you won’t be able to set the temperature or timer as precisely. It’s also quite noisy – not great for when you’re trying to put your kids down for a nap or if you’re living in an apartment with thin walls. Overall, the large capacity of this air fryer and its lack of pre-heating time make it a good choice when you need to cook large amounts of food relatively quickly.
- Large capacity.
- Dishwasher friendly removable parts.
- No preheating time.
- No digital controls.
Best Air Fryer for Taste
Ninja Food 8-qt. 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer
- Item Weight: 11.8 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 40.9 x 37.1 x 36.3 cm
- Capacity: 8 quarts
- Voltage: 120
What sets this air fryer apart from other models is that it has both air fryer and pressure cooker functionality – cooking some foods with pressure cooking followed by air frying to crisp them up can make them taste better than if they were just pressure cooked or air fried alone. Plus, the basket in this unit is non-stick ceramic coated and PTFE/PFOA-free. That means you won’t have to worry about Teflon flaking into your food and altering its taste or worse, potentially harming your health.
Other than that, the capacity for this unit is quite large at 8 quarts, making it well suited for large families. If you’d prefer an air fryer that has a smaller capacity, this exact same Ninja air fryer is available in a 6.5–quart size. Besides pressure cooking and air frying, this unit also has the following functions: Steam, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Sear/Sauté, Bake/Roast, Broil, and Dehydrate, which makes it one of the most versatile units on this list.
Finally, the non-stick basket that comes from this unit is dishwasher friendly, so you won’t have to worry about manually cleaning this unit after every use. Overall, reviewers on Amazon find that this unit is very user friendly and that it’s a great replacement for other cooking appliances.
- Non-stick ceramic coating.
- User friendly.
- In-depth guide.
- Large (hard to store).
Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
While this technically isn’t an air fryer on its own, it’s worth considering if you already have an instant pot at home. The one we’ve linked here is for a 6 qt instant pot, but you can find lids for other instant pot sizes in the same listing.
This is a great option for anybody that’s short on space – a lid is a lot easier to store than a whole appliance. Plus, this air fryer lid has 5 other cooking functions in addition to air frying, which are broil, bake, roast, reheat, and dehydrate. You can potentially replace a lot of appliances with this lid, meaning more space in your kitchen.
If you’re not a fan of any of the pre-set functionalities, you can always customize the cooking time and temperature via the digital display. You can also save your own pre-set functions so that you can ensure that your favourite foods are cooked the same way each time.
Instant Pots themselves are mostly dishwasher friendly (except for the cooker base, which should be wiped down periodically), so you won’t have to deal with the hassle of manually cleaning your Instant Pot after air frying some wings. Overall, the multi-functionality of this air fryer lid makes it worth considering, especially if you already have an Instant Pot.
- Easy to clean.
- Quick heating up time.
- Not ideal for large families.
Instant Vortex 4-In-1 Air Fryer
Instant Vortex 4-In-1 Air Fryer
- Dimensions: 31.4L cm x 37.9W cm x 32.6H cm
- Capacity: 6 quarts
- Weight: 12.08 lbs | 5.48 kg
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz
- Maximum draw: 1500 watts
Here’s another option to consider if you prefer air fryers that have digital displays. With a 6–quart capacity (~5.67 L), the air fryer basket can hold around a 2–pound bag of French fries or a 4–pound butterflied chicken. There’s also a larger 10-quart capacity version that was more functions available in the same listing.
Like some other air fryers on this list, this unit has other cooking functions (roasting, baking, and re-heating). Having one appliance that can take care of your cooking needs helps cut down on cleaning in the kitchen – plus, there’ll be more space for other things if you use this air fryer as a replacement for other cooking appliances.
While the rack that comes with this air fryer can go into the dishwasher, the air fryer basket cannot. Still, reviewers on Amazon find that clean up is easy, even if you have to manually clean the basket. When it comes to noise, this unit falls on the quieter side of the spectrum. If you can handle the noise level of a microwave, you’ll probably be alright with the noise level of this air fryer.
In particular, reviewers on Amazon mention that the Instant Vortex 4-in-1 is user-friendly and that it provides an even cook with whatever you place inside the air fryer basket. Overall, this is a decent unit to consider if you’re looking for a unit with multi-functionality that’s not exceptionally expensive.
- Multiple cooking functions.
- Relatively quiet.
- Some users complain about a strong plastic smell.
T-fal Easy Fry XL Air Fryer
T-fal Easy Fry XL Air Fryer
- Item Weight: 4 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 32.6 x 32.6 x 39.1 cm
- Capacity: 4.2L
Out of all the available T-fal air fryers, this particular unit stands out with a relatively affordable price, a decent capacity (4.2L) and multi-functionality (it can grill, roast and bake in addition to air frying.) With a 4.2L capacity, this unit can fit a whole chicken inside. It also features a max temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (which is standard for air fryers) as well as a 60–minute timer for your convenience.
Like many other air fryers, you can throw the basket into the dishwasher. However, if you do want to manually clean the air fryer basket, you should know that the non-stick coating is made from Teflon. You shouldn’t use anything abrasive like iron wool to clean the air frying basket so that the non-sticking coating stays on. In the same line of thought, you’ll want to avoid scraping the sides of the basket with metal utensils when serving food so you can avoid getting Teflon flakes into your food.
Overall, reviewers on Amazon are particularly impressed by the price to volume ratio of this air fryer, as well as how user-friendly it is.
- Large capacity.
- Multiple functionalities.
- Non-stick coating made out of Teflon.
Power Air Fryer XL (3.4 quarts)
Power Air Fryer XL (3.4 quarts)
- Item Weight: 5.1 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 32.5 x 29 x 33.5 cm
- Power (Watts): 1700 watts
- Capacity: 3.4 quarts
Digital displays offer more fine control over the temperature you want your food cooked at – dial controlled air fryers make that a little more difficult. Like many other air fryers on this list, it comes with dishwasher safe parts. Plus, it has an automatic shutoff feature, so you won’t have to worry about this air fryer being a fire hazard in your kitchen.
Overall, this air fryer is a good unit to consider if you want something a step up from a dial–controlled air fryer that won’t break the bank.
- Automatic shut-off feature.
- Multiple pre-set programs.
- Reasonably priced.
- Not ideal for large groups.
VPCOK Electric Air Fryer
VPCOK Electric Air Fryer
- Weight: 4.58 kg
- Product Dimensions: 36.2 x 35.2 x 30.2 cm
- Power (Watts): 1300 watts
- Capacity: 3.8 quarts
If you haven’t decided on a budget-friendly air fryer unit yet, this VPOK electric air fryer might be worth considering. Given that it has a capacity of 3.8 quarts (~3.5 litres), this unit would be a decent choice for people living on their own or with one other person. It has 6 different cooking pre-set functions (fries, chicken, steak, chops, fish, and cake), so you’ll have a good starting point for figuring out what temperature to cook your food at and for how long.
The air fryer basket comes with a hollow bottom that collects extra fat from the food you’re cooking, meaning your food will have even less fat and calories in comparison to deep frying.
One other thing worth noting about this air fryer is that it has anti-slip mats on the bottom, so you won’t have to worry about accidentally knocking this air fryer on the floor. A tip from the manufacturer recommends that you wait 30 minutes after unplugging the air fryer to start taking it apart for cleaning, so that you don’t accidentally burn yourself. The basket is dishwasher safe. However, some people have noticed that the screws get rusty after a few washes so it may be best to wash the basket by hand and dry it immediately after.
Overall, this air fryer unit is worth a look for anyone on a budget and for anyone who wants to minimize the amount of fat their food contains.
- It allows for extra fat to be removed.
- Pre-set cooking options.
- Relatively affordable.
- A few users say the non-stick coating flakes easily.
Kalorik Digital Air Fryer Oven (AFO 44880 BK)
Kalorik Digital Air Fryer Oven (AFO 44880 BK)
- Dimensions: Height: 14.10 in Length: 13.25 in Width:
- Assembled Weight: 17.80 lb
- Capacity: 10 quarts
As the name suggests, this Kalorik air fryer is actually a combination of both an air fryer and an oven. It comes with 13 cooking pre-set options including steak, ribs, chicken wings, chicken thighs, fish, shrimp, fries, pizza, vegetables, corn on the cob, cupcake, toast, and reheat – all you need to do is press a button and dinner (or dessert!) is taken care of.
With a 10–quart capacity (~9.5 litres), this air fryer over combination is well suited for large families. With so many cooking pre-set options, you could potentially cook all your meals in this air fryer oven and limit what you’d have to clean to just one appliance and dishes rather than several different appliances. Plus, this air fryer oven comes with all the accessories you’d ever need for it( two non-stick air-racks, a stainless steel rotating skewer rack, rotisserie spit and stand, mesh basket with handle, 2-in-1 baking/drip tray, and splatter guard), saving you money. The removable parts of this air fryer oven are dishwasher safe, so you won’t have to spend the whole night cleaning up things by hand.
Like an actual oven, this air fry oven features a light on the inside that you can turn to check on how your food is doing. With regular air fryers, you have to open the air fryer basket to check which lets out heat and prolongs cooking time. Overall, this unit not only functions as an air fryer but also as an all-in-one appliance that can cook a wide variety of meals. It’d be particularly useful for large families or for people who like to meal prep and cook all their food beforehand.
- Large capacity.
- Several accessories.
- Pre-set cooking options.
- It may require shifting racks to get an even cook.
How we picked the best air fryers
For this particular buying guide, we only chose air fryers that had a rating of at least four stars on Amazon. In order to select the best air fryers, we went through more than 40 models online. It was important to us that our list included a wide selection of air fryers that suits a range different needs – we want people to be able to find an air fryer that fits their needs specifically, whether that’s a budget-friendly air fryer or an air fryer that can replace other common kitchen appliances.
Frequent air fryer questions
What is an air fryer, and why buy one?
An air fryer is essentially a miniature version of a convection oven – they’re an alternative for deep fryers. If you’re living in a place that doesn’t have an oven or doesn’t have a room for an oven, air fryers are a great multi-functional appliance that can replace an oven. You can make anything from bacon to cakes using an air fryer – the same can’t be said for most other appliances. They can also be used to dehydrate fruits and other foods. Other reasons buy air fryers include wanting to cut down on the amount of deep–fried food they eat and wanting to spend less time cooking, since air fryers reach high temperatures faster than an oven would.
How does an air fryer work?
Air fryers work by using a fan to quickly circulate hot air around your food – in doing this, your food becomes cooked with a crispy outer layer via caramelization and the Maillard reaction (fun fact: this is the same reaction that makes French fries golden brown).
Where can I buy an air fryer?
There are a number of places online and in-store where you can get air–fryers, including (but not limited to) Costco, Best Buy Canada, Walmart Canada and Amazon.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
That really depends on your personal needs – the best brand of air fryer will be different for each person. However, as an all-around decent choice for most people, we’d suggest the Cuisinart Airfryer (AFR-25).
What are the best things to make in an air fryer?
Chances are a lot of your favourite foods (like baked potatoes or even pierogies) can be made with an air fryer. You can find popular recipes and recipe sites later in this FAQ.
Can I cook chicken wings in an air fryer?
You sure can – there are several recipes online for cooking plain fried chicken wings or even barbeque chicken wings with an air fryer.
Do fries taste good in an air fryer?
Judging by the amount of air fryer recipes for fries that are available, we’d say yes. Here’s one particularly popular recipe for air fried French fries.
Does air-fried food taste the same?
Air-fried food and deep-fried food don’t taste exactly the same, since the method of cooking for each one is different. Still, many people find that air frying comes pretty close to satisfying their fried food cravings. If you’re reheating frozen fried food in your air fryer though, you’ll definitely get food that tastes deep-fried.
Where can I find air fryer recipes?
There’s a number of places where you can find air fryer recipes – for example, Taste of Home has recipes for air fryer eggplant fries, potato chips, and even shrimp po’boys.
Another site featuring air fryer recipes is FoodNetwork.ca – for example, they feature recipes for air fryer pork chops and banana bread.
What are the most popular air fryer recipes?
In general, there seem to be a lot of air fryer recipes featuring chicken, whether it be chicken thighs, chicken breast or chicken wings. French fries (regular or made with sweet potato) also seem to be a popular choice.
Air fryer vs convection oven: What’s the difference?
An air fryer and a convection oven are essentially the same thing – air fryers are just smaller and give off less heat.
Air fryer vs deep fryer: What’s the difference?
- Air fryers cook food through convection – they circulate hot air around your food to cook it. Plus, it requires much less oil.
- Air fryers take more time to cook food than deep fryers.
- The food that comes out of air fryers is typically less calorific than deep-fried foods.
- Air fryers can also be used for dehydrating or as an alternative to baking.
- Deep fryers cook food through submerging your food in hot oil.
- Deep fryers cook food relatively quickly in comparison to air fryers.
- Deep-fried foods typically have more calories than air fried foods since they use much more oil.
Where to find the best air fryer deals?
As with most electronics, waiting for holiday sales (such as Black Friday) will probably land you a good deal. If you check on Amazon, there are often coupons that can use to save yourself some cash.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of air fryers?
- They’re safer than traditional deep fryers – Deep fryers often have a large amount of oil heated to high temperatures that is prone to splatter. On the other hand, air fryers are self-contained and use very little oil in comparison, so you’ll never have to worry about oil splatters.
- They use less oil than deep fryers – Deep frying requires a lot of oil, which adds up considerably in cost over time. Air fryers usually use less than two tablespoons of oil. Less oil also means fewer calories in your air fried foods.
- Air frying can reduce the risk of acrylamide formation in food – According to Medical News Today, frying food in oil can cause acrylamide to form. Acrylamide is a toxic compound that’s been linked to the development of some cancers, such as oesophageal and pancreatic cancer.
- Air fryers take up less space than traditional deep fryers – Most home kitchens are pretty limited in space – many air fryers are designed to take up only a small amount of space and can fit right on your countertop.
- Air fried food risks other harmful compound formation – While air fryers present less of a risk for forming acrylamide in your food, they also run a risk for other harmful compounds forming in your food like polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are also linked to cancer according to Medical News Today.
- Air fried foods aren’t always the healthiest – Although air fryers use much less oil than deep fryers, this doesn’t guarantee that the foods you make with them are absolutely healthy. In other words, while replacing deep-fried foods with air fried foods in your diet can make a positive impact, you should still keep in mind that air-fried foods are still likely to be more calorie-dense than food cooked by other methods like baking or sautéing.
Can you use an air fryer to dehydrate food?
Air fryers can definitely be used to dehydrate food, including fruits – some even come with a dehydration function. For better results, it’s best to have a low cook temperature and a longer cook time so you don’t end up with burnt food.
Are air fryers worth it?
For many people, air fryers are worth it. Common reasons why people want air fryers include: reducing their intake of deep–fried food, wanting to use an air fryer as an oven alternative since they’re smaller and cheaper, or wanting to use one as an alternative to a dehydrator since air fryers have multiple functions.
Can you cook frozen food in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen foods in an air fryer – you’ll want to give things a shake or two partway through so that your food gets cooked evenly.
Can you cook ground beef in the air fryer?
You can cook ground beef in an air fryer – how long you’ll need to cook it for depends on whether your ground beef is frozen or not. You can find sites containing air fryer recipes for ground beef earlier in this guide, or even just online in general.
Who invented the air fryer?
The first air fryer that was actually called an air fryer came from Philips in 2008. However, the original concept of an air fryer was based on the Maxson Whirlwind Oven created by William L. Maxson.
Are air fryers healthy?
The answer to this is relative to what cooking method you’re comparing air frying to. According to the Cleveland Clinic, air frying food can reduce your caloric intake by 70-80% when you choose to air fry food over deep frying food, so air fryers can be a good idea if you’re on a diet or in a weight loss program. Air cookers won’t make you lose weight but they can be considerably less caloric than traditional deep-fried foods. However, if you’re comparing air frying to baking, roasting, steaming, or sautéing, air frying is unhealthier than these methods.
There are a few ways you can make your air-fried meals healthier – for example, instead of air frying chicken nuggets, you could replace chicken nuggets with tofu nuggets for fewer calories.
The Top Smart Air Conditioners
When summer hits, stay cool with the best AC units.
The Best Vacuums in Canada
Vacuum cleaners are great. The problem? There are too many out there.
The Best Diaper Bags on the Market
Pack everything you need for your little one in any one of these stylish bags. Suitable for fashionistas or practicalists alike.
The Best Nintendo Switch Case of 2021
If you like to take your gaming on the go, getting a case might be a smart idea.