Rank-it.ca College Scholarship 2024
The world’s been moving fast. Back when the TV was first invented, entire families congregated around them to watch their programs before the stations turned off for the night. Nowadays, everyone has a mini-computer in their pocket with 24/7 internet access. CDs and DVDs were once considered the future of home entertainment. Now, most computers aren’t even built with disk readers.
It’s almost impossible to guess what will be useful to future generations and what will be obsolete. Here at Rank-it.ca, we are obsessed with new products and trends and we’re always curious to see what comes and goes and what stands the test of time.
If you’re up to the challenge, Rank-it.ca is offering a $500 scholarship to a student enrolled in an American or Canadian post-secondary educational institution. To be considered, write an essay of up to 500 words, telling us what consumer trend you think is here to stay.
Scholarship Essay Prompt
Consumer trends can encompass any category of product — tech, vehicles, fashion, appliances, apps, gadgets, etc. — as long as it is about a product or service that you think won’t be obsolete any time soon. What do you think everyone will still be searching for on buying guides like Rank-it.ca in a few years?
- 2022: Cindy Chen
- 2023: Plai Vang
- The deadline for entry submission is March 1, 2024. Any submissions submitted after 11:59 PM MST on March 1st will not be eligible for consideration.
- Essays must be submitted in one of the following document formats: Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX), Rich Text File (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Please use a standard, easily read font, such as Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, etc.
- To submit your entry, please use the submission form below. All fields must be filled in–name, email address, and current address. Do NOT forget to attach your essay to your submission.
Rank-it.ca Scholarship Entry Rules and Requirements
Please note, failure to meet all of the requirements listed below may result in disqualification.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an American or Canadian post-secondary educational institution, or planning to enroll in such an institution within the following calendar year.
- The subject of the essay must fall within the parameters described above.
- The essay must be written in English or French, and have a length of no more than 500 words (not including title, applicant name, etc.)
- The scholarship funds must be used for some education-related expense, such as tuition, books, school fees, room and board, etc.
- The winner of the scholarship grants Rank-it.ca non-exclusive publication rights to their essay, so that we can feature their winning essay on our website.
- Rank-it.ca reserves the right to select a panel of judges and scoring methodology at its own discretion.