The Best Bathroom Scales in Canada
Scales have come a long way from just telling you your body weight – more advanced models can keep track of your weight over weeks or months and others can tell you your current percentage of body fat to lean mass.
There’s so many different models and choices to choose from that it can be quite overwhelming. But don’t worry – we’ve compiled a list of the best bathroom scales in Canada for every need and budget below by going through several bathroom scale reviews so you don’t have to.
Our Top Picks
How to Choose Which Bathroom Scale to Buy
When you’re thinking about what weighing scale to get, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Functions: Think about what you want out of your scale – are you just looking for your weight every time you step on the scale? Or do you want a scale that can connect to an app to keep track of your weight over time? There are even scales that can measure muscle mass and body fat.
- Budget: Tying into scale functions, think about the budget you want to set for choosing a bathroom scale. The more functions you want, the more expensive your scale will be. On the other hand, a budget scale will have fewer functions and may be less accurate.
- Accuracy: If there’s anything to pay attention to when you’re reading bathroom scale reviews, it’s accuracy. Inaccurate scales can hinder your weight loss routine.
Best Digital Bathroom Scale
Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale (EB9380H)
For an accurate and relatively affordable bathroom scale, we recommend this Etekcity scale. It can weigh up to 400 pounds or 180 kilograms, which will suit most households just fine. It also features a large platform of 11.8 x 11.8 x 0.8 inches, so you won’t have to fight to balance on this scale.
In terms of accuracy, this unit features 4 high precision sensors, so you can rest assured your weight is as accurate as can be. If you’re not a fan of the calibration process for bathroom scales, don’t worry – this unit features auto calibration so it’s less of a hassle to you.
Other things worth noting are that this scale has backlit LCD display as well as warnings for when you’ve overloaded the scale or when it’s running low on batteries.
Overall, this scale is quick, accurate and easy to use.
- Easy to use and calibrate.
- Comes in several different colours.
- Problems detecting small changes in weight between weigh-ins.
Best Mechanical Bathroom Scale
Starfrit Balance Mechanical Bathroom Scale (Model 093864)
For those who would rather not deal with the hassle of battery replacement and just want something simple, this Starfrit body scale is a good fit.
While it is more expensive than most modern digital scales, it may be worth it if you’re purchasing this for someone who doesn’t handle electronics well – unlike digital scales, you won’t need to calibrate this bath scale. Plus, it has a non-slip surface so it’s less of a hazard for those with poor balance.
Overall, I like the simplicity of this scale but I find it not as accurate as digital scales, since its increments are in 2 pounds.
- Simple design.
- Has a gripped surface.
- No need to calibrate.
- Not as accurate as digital scales.
- Some people find this scale small to step on.
Best Smart Bathroom Scale
Eufy by Anker Smart Scale P1
For a bathroom scale that has every feature and function a fitness lover would ever want, we think this Anker smart scale fits the bill.
Let’s start by taking a look at all the functions it has (other than the obvious weight function): body fat, BMI, water, BMR, visceral fat, body age, body fat mass, lean body mass, bone, bone mass, muscle mass, muscle, and protein.
With all these features, you can keep track of your body changes while you adjust your workout regiments. Or, even if you’re not into fitness, you can keep track of age-related changes more easily.
It’s easy to use this smart scale – just Bluetooth pair the scale while the EufyHome app is open on your smartphone. Plus, you can be assured that your data will be encrypted, and only used for calculating physical parameters and not anything else.
Overall, this smart scale is easy to use and it’s quite informative with the information it provides from its functions.
- Several functions.
- Easy to use app.
- Accuracy may decrease over time, according to some users.
- The price point only makes sense if you plan to use the smart/additional features.
Best Value Bathroom Scale
Phenphy Digital Smart Scale (Model Number CF530BLE)
For a scale that has a bit of everything while still being decently priced, this Phenphy digital Wi-Fi enabled scale is worth taking a look at.
Like with other smart scales, it can help you measure the following metrics: BMI, BMR, ideal weight, body fat percentage, muscle mass, bone mass, protein, fat mass, metabolic age, subcutaneous fat index, visceral fat index, body fat rate, water, body type, body score, weight control and fat level.
Plus, you can keep track of your metrics through syncing this scale with Google Fit or your Fitbit.
Overall, this scale is easy to set up and it’s easy to sync to different smartphones so that each of your family member’s readings remain private. Additionally, this scale is quite accurate. However, a few customers find that the stepping surface of this scale is quite small.
- Several features.
- Small stepping surface size.
Over the course of creating this guide, we spent over eight hours comparing several different types of bathroom scales for home use. In order to narrow things down and list only the best models, we chose scales that had at least a rating of 4 stars on Amazon and other retailers. We considered our own experience with scales, as well as looked for customer reviews on accuracy as well as other factors such as pricing and features. Additionally, we also consulted trusted sources to gather additional information as necessary.
Frequently asked questions about bathroom scales
How to calibrate a bathroom scale?
Generally, most scales will tell you how to calibrate them in the instructions. However, here’s a general set of instructions for if you don’t have access to a scale:
- Get an item that you know the weight of and will be heavy enough for the scale to read. For example, a 10kg bag of flour or some weights you have lying around the house will work.
- Turn on your scale and set it on a firm, flat surface.
- Press your scale’s calibration button. In most models, it’ll be labeled like one of the following: Function, Cal, Mode, or Cal/Mode.
- Press the calibration button until the numbers on your scale turn to zeros.
- Put your weighted object on the scale so that it’s stable.
- You should see Cal, End or 0 at this point – press your scale’s calibration button again and take your weighted object off the scale.
- Rest your scale – most scales turn off automatically but if yours doesn’t, turn it off manually.
- Check to make sure your calibration worked – put your weighed item back on your scale. If the reading is the same as before, then you’re set.
What is the most accurate bathroom scale?
In general, digital bathroom scales are more accurate than analog scales, provided that they’ve been calibrated correctly. Based on our analysis, we’d recommend the Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale from our list above.
How much does weight fluctuate?
For most people, somewhere around a 5 pound shift in weight day to day is normal. However, larger shifts can occur if you’re working out more often than usual or if you’re unwell.
Analog vs digital vs smart bathroom scales: which one to buy?
This really depends on your needs – a smart bathroom scale is the way to go if you’d like to track trends in your weight or for comparing your body fat level from one month to another.
Digital scales happen to be more accurate than analog scales, but analog scales are more durable. However, the catch with analog scales is that they can be a little difficult to read.
The Best Nintendo Switch Case of 2022
If you like to take your gaming on the go, getting a case might be a smart idea.
The Best Adjustable Dumbbells in Canada
Adjustable dumbbells are the perfect piece of equipment to include in your home gym.
The Best Cat Trees and Towers in Canada
For this guide, we chose the top-rated cat trees and towers based on user reviews and personal experiences.
The Top-Rated Vitamin C Serums in Canada
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant capable of brightening complexion and warding off fine lines and wrinkles.